Sunday, September 25, 2011

TO RESIDENTS OF SAN FRANCISCO, FLYERS FOR MAYOR

Residents & Citizens:  Of the
City & County of San Francisco
Elections Commission, Room 48
City Hall, San Francisco, CA  94102

San Francisco Residents:   Hello

SUBJECT:     I will be seeking he Office of the San Francisco Mayor for the years 2012-2016

My name is Emil Lawrence.  I have been a resident of the City and County of San Francisco for over 40 years.  And, in the last 15 years, I have watched two of San Francisco’s past Mayors use this City as an ATM to fill the pockets or their friends and associates.  In this time, I have also watched the salaries and pensions of City employees shoot into their own orbit.  Now, this City is heading into bankruptcy and no one at City Hall wants to discuss the problem.  Our present leaders just want to their stunning paychecks until the City’s bankruptcy arrives. I understand the financial problems of this City, because I have lived here longer than any other candidate running for mayor.  Also, I have a plan to stop this rip-off of San Francisco’s taxpaying citizens.  I have been thinking about the coming financial debacle for a decade.

First, my two daughters were born,  raised and completed high school here.   Upon exiting the United States Navy, in the early 1970s, with an Honorable Discharge, I started back to City College, here.  In 1975, after completing my Associated Arts (AA) degree, I transferred to San Francisco State University.  There, I completed my Bachelor of Arts (BA) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree.  Both degrees were double majors. And, then, I went to work in this City.  While working in the financial district, I watched City Hall morph into a cash sucking leviathan that for the past two decades has driven payroll paying New York Stock Exchange firms,  out of town.  Many were some of the nation’s biggest firms. We now have Supervisors that want to replace them with “Mom & Pop” and “start-up” businesses.  This leaders want to replace big firms with small firms

These small firms and restaurants have a lower payroll than firms that left, which have been around for a 100 years.  Their  financial mismanagement  has been punishing us for living here.  Everything in this City including downtown city garages have some of the highest fees in the nation.  Predator meter maids now prey 24 hours a day, looking for victims.   And, still, City Hall  cannot collect enough parking fees to pay for their own salaries.   I have had enough of this bad movie.  The City with approximately 30,000 employees has driven the Middle American out, while bringing the poor and hungry in.  A reason why our public schools continue to collapse. This City has been raising taxes non-stop for two decades, because:   Taxpayers have been leaving town in droves. 

If I am elected Mayor, I am going to reduce vehicle citations, fees, taxes, while adding substantial benefits for city residents. I will cut upper management salaries so that City Services to senior citizens are unchanged.  I will bring back benches for all bus stops and trash cans for the parks and streets.  Sleeping on a bench and dumping trash into these trash cans from home, will be a crime.  And, US Veterans will once again, be at the top of the City jobs list instead of at the bottom, I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment